Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 07:09:33 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New SCSI Framework Patches Available

As Julian Elischer wrote:

> I'd rather see byte offsets ASAP, so that it matches the resid and
> other count values. of course it makes it easier to accidentally
> try do non-alligned transfers, but if you are  making that big a,
> then othingis likely to help you except having your code rejected
> too much.

(Well, i can't parse the above sentence really, but hope to have
figured out what it meant. :)

Drivers are expected to reject requests that don't match the
underlying physical device anyway.  IMHO, all (most ?) of our drivers
do this already.  That's why people see an EINVAL when trying to
disklabel a 2048-byte sectored MO media (the label is attempted to be
read/written with a granularity of 512 bytes).

(General consensus)

> though I'd like to leave the b_pblkno, or maybe make it a b_poffset.

What for?  Hmm, maybe.  Slices are evil. :-)

--
cheers, J"org