Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 13:06:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andy Dills <andy@xecu.net>
To:        <Bsdguru@aol.com>
Cc:        <bv@wjv.com>, <isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Freeside

On Sat, 26 May 2001 Bsdguru@aol.com wrote:

> Are you somehow implying that in order to post to this this I am obligated to
> use FreeBSD as my mail client?
>
> I just asked a question about freeside. I think thats relevant. Dont blame me
> because this Andy Dills guy couldnt contain his stupidity and had to make a
> public comment about my email address. Im just trying to do my job.

*cough* My stupidity? Tell me again how the bsd guru prefers eudora or aol
over pine/mutt and procmail? I mean, give me a break kid.

I'm not saying you have to use freebsd as your desktop; I don't, but I
have over a hundred servers to run, so I get my fill. But at the same
time, can't you suck it up and get a shell account somewhere? Am I the
only person who runs Win98, but spends 99% of the time with like eight
SecureCRT windows going?

You mention that you're just trying to do your job. I'd love to hear this.
What IS your job?

This whole thing totally cracks me up. I mean, I like Ivan, but Freeside
is limited at best. Talk about using the best tool for the job...check out
Platypus.

Combined with the fact that the question you asked originally could easily
have been answered on the web in 30 seconds, and you don't look anything
like a guru of any sort. That's why it was funny.

FYI, check out ipmeter. That's the only decent open-source bandwidth
billing software I've seen, but you still need an accounting backend.

Good luck, Senor GURU.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access