Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 18:18:23 -0800
From:      Bill Huey (Hui) <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, rwatson@freesbsd.org, "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>, calvin.austin@sun.com, brian@collab.net, jdp@polstra.com, bod@freebsdfoundation.org
Subject:   Re: patchset 2 report (billh's resignation)

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 07:10:06AM -0500, Brent Verner wrote:
>   On the HotSpot note, is there any work being done on getting 1.3.1's
> HotSpot working?  AFAIR, it would not build with 1.3.1-patchset-7.

BTW, I've decided after a walk to get food to withhold my patches given
the current political climate in our development group and I'd like to
announce my resignation from the project effective immediately... No joke.

Found out about something recently that almost certainly was kept purposely
from me some how. I haven't figured out where the failure is, so sometime
my need to pass before the developments become more clear.

The basics are that the FreeBSD Foundation is grossly dysfunctional and
should *not* be the corporate entity group to recieve grants. That
should be dealt with more directly by the sponsor's management layer
if they have a desire to do support FreeBSD development.

I'd like to see the removal of John Polstra as Vice President of the
organization and for other current or potential sponsors to pressure
either a political change or public apology along with an acknowledgement
of this leadership failure.

There are other failures closer to our group that need to be address
too.

I'll have an explanation of this soon with a psychological, social and
polical analysis of what transpired. It's pretty amazingly fucked up.

More to come...

bill