Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:40:21 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: notebooks

I run 3.3 STABLE on a Toshiba Satellite 4010CDT.  I hear Toshiba is
alterna-OS friendly, and i would have to agree.  Hardware config was easy,
with just a little extra work needed for the PCMCIA card.  Display is
beautiful on Xwindows.

Why would you run a server on a laptop though?  Wouldn't a desktop box be
more reliable under heavy loads?

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, FreeBSD mailing list wrote:

>I am buying a notebook on which I Want to install FreeBSD as permanent
>server at my job site.
>I wanted to ask if someone can suggest me some particular model on which
>FreeBSD runs without any troubles.
>In particular if someone can suggest me a good PCMCIA fast ethernet card.
>Then I Wanted to ask if I might have some problem using X11 on the
>notebook given the particular type of display.
>
>thanks
>
>Rick

-jm

---------
He who laughs last... obviously didn't get the joke.