Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 20:51:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Stefan Reelsen <stefan@rhwd.owl.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems installing FreeBSD

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Stefan Reelsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Iīve problems installing FreeBSD with the bootdisk from your server. He
> said that he couldnīt find the DNS-server, but the server is running and
> there is no firewall (Iīm connected via leased line). I think itīs a
> problem with the network controller (NE2000 compatible; ISA) because the
> computer doesnīt respond to any send ping. But when I use the FreeRTR
> based on FreeBSD with the same network controller there are no problems.
> Iīm absolutly new to FreeBSD, Iīve only experiences with linux.

You should check that the ed0 device was found during the inital device
probe.  You can press scroll lock at the main menu and use up arrow to see
if it was found.

If not, then make sure you're giving the proper settings in the device
setup.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo