Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 19:20:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Spengler <mks@networkcs.com>
To:        ekalyv@csi.forth.gr (Eva Kalivianaki)
Cc:        freebsd-atm@FreeBSD.ORG, ekalyv@csi.forth.gr
Subject:   Re: Classical IP over ATM

Eva Kalivianaki claims:

> I am trying to make classical IP over ATM to
> work for 3.2-FreeBSD.I am doing almost what
> "atm-config.sh" in "/usr/src/share/examples/
> says.The commands
> "atm show config"
> "atm show vcc"
> "atm show ipvcc"
> show that everything is set properly except
> ATM-address in "atm show interface" although ilmid is running.
> I am using pvc.Does anyone knows what may be wrong or give me
> an advice?
If you are only using PVCs, then you don't need to be running ilmid - ATM
addresses are not used in a PVC-only environment.  You can also just use
the "sigpvc" signalling manager (atm attach hfa0 sigpvc) in this case.

> I am also looking for any software that works like "awrite" in
> linux (which send row atm cells).I have not found anything similar
> in FreeBSD.Does anyboby knows if there is such a thing in FreeBSD.
> Any information would be useful.
The "HARP" ATM code (hfa/hea devices for FORE and Efficient cards) currently
doesn't have a raw cell access api.  The Cranor FreeBSD ATM software (en
devices for Efficient and Adaptec cards) does appear to have a raw mode, see
http://www.ccrc.wustl.edu/pub/chuck/tech/bsdatm/bsdatm.html for further info.

--
Mike Spengler				Network Computing Services, Inc.
Email: mks@networkcs.com		1200 Washington Ave. So.