Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:15:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Eric Ken Lin <elin@orion.ac.hmc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with PINE 4.10

Today, I found out that ld-elf.so.1 could be downloaded from
http://www.freebsd.org/java, so I decided to attempt to install the PINE
4.10 mailreader package onto my FreeBSD 2.2.5 system, replacing PINE 4.01
which was on my system & had worked perfectly fine.

Then I attempted to execute PINE 4.10 & received the following error
message:

     /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libtermcap.so.2" not found

So I made soft links to /usr/lib/libtermcap.so.2.1 under the names of
/usr/libexec/libtermcap.so.2 & /usr/local/lib/libtermcap.so.2, attempted
to re-run PINE, & still received the above error message.

Could someone help me on this? Thanks.