Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 10:58:14 +0100 (BST)
From:      Byron Schlemmer <byron.schlemmer@realtime.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Cyclades Cyclom-Y Multiport Serial Card Setup

Hi all,

I have a 8 port Cyclades PCI multiport serial card that I'm trying to
use on FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE. I've got support compiled into the kernel and
the card is being detected on startup as dmesg shows :

cy0: <Cyclades Cyclom-Y Serial Adapter> port 0x1080-0x10ff mem
0xf4000000-0xf4003fff,0xf40 08000-0xf400807f irq 9 at device 16.0 on
pci0 cy0: driver is using old-style compatibility shims

I've done a `sh MADEDEV ttyc` and `sh MAKEDEV cuac` to setup the
devices. I'm trying to use minicom to connect to the machines on the
other side of the serial cable using the settings :

    Serial Device      : /dev/ttyc01
    Bps/Par/Bits       : 9600 8N1
    Hardware Flow Control : Yes
    Software Flow Control : No

I've fiddled with the serial device, bps, parity, and flow control but
nothing seems to work.

This is what /dev says about these device :

crw-------  1 root  wheel   48,   0 May 23 12:26 ttyc00

crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer   48, 128 May 24 10:56 cuac00

Have I set the devices up correctly. Is there something else that I'm
missing? Any guidance/help would be appreciated. I've `man cy` but this
doesn't help too much in this regard.

Thanks,

-byron