Date:      Sun, 07 Nov 1999 23:55:14 -0600
From:      Ford Prefect <fordp@guide.chi.il.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw & forwarding ports....

natd and ipfw have been runing just fine for me until I tried to do the
following:

I have my outside interface wich gets its address via DHCP on ed0.
I have my inside interface set to 192.168.a.b

and another machine on that same subnet 192.168.a.c

I need to get port 80 from the outside to 192.168.a.c 80 I've been playing
with ipfw but nothing seems to work. Perhaps I'm doing somehting stupid...

Here's what I've tried:

ipfw add fwd 192.168.a.c,80 from any to any
ipfw add fwd 192.168.a.c,80 from any to any 80
ipfw add fwd 192.168.a.c,80 from any to any 80 via out_interface
ipfw add fwd 192.168.a.c from any to any 80
ipfw add fwd 192.168.a.c from any to any 80 via out_interface

I've also used 'ipfw add X fwd ...' to place the entries before and after
the natd divert and around other rule chinks that could cause a problem.

I've made sure my old rules weren't conflicting with the new ones while
testing (by rebooting, or placing them earlier)

I'm out of ideas so I figured I'd ask you guys :)

Thanks
-Steve

 \ Ford Prefect                   Ahead of my time.    \
  \ fordp@guide.chi.il.us           but only by a week. \
   \ homepage.interaccess.com/~fordp                     \
     \          ((In esperanto where available))           \