Date:      Tue, 02 Jan 96 14:53:00 PST
From:      Mark Graves <MGraves@acog.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1 Post-Install Config

I am having problems with setting up my NIC in FreeBSD 2.1.

Forgive my stupidity, I'm an old Linux user...

While running /stand/sysinstall I select Configure to do a post-install
config of BSD.  Next I select Networking to config additional network
services.  I now want to select Interfaces to Configure additional
network interfaces, but nothing happens.  I expected to have a screen
where I could configure my NE2000, but the screen doesn't change.  What
am I doing wrong?

I have printed out the Oct 30, 95 FreeBSD handbook, and in cruising it
haven't found my answer.  So please help, or direct me an information
source.

Thank,
Mark Graves
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists

PS. Still having problems with your multi-boot program.  If I make a
floppy to boot from, how do I automatically make it mount hd(1,a)/kernel
and NOT fd(1,a)/kernel?  Consider changing boot manager to LILO -- I have
used that with Linux without any problems for years.  Your's continues to
generate a BIOS error when I put it on my WD controller.

mg