Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:53:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        MET <met@uberstats.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 version ?

On 2002-08-15, MET scribbled:

# As I'm wanting to upgrade KDE to 3.0 I'm trying to figure out what
# version of Xfree86 the installer gave me.  I installed this machines
# copy of of the 4.5-1 disc.
#
# But basically I need to upgrade to KDE 3 / Qt 3 and to do that you need
# at least XFree86 4.x.  Naturally I'd like to go to the latest version,
# so if someone could explain how that would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look at the first lines of the /var/log/XFree86.0.log file that
is used each time X starts up. The first couple of lines should contain
the version of XFree86 that is being used.

--

Linh Pham                                         lplist@closedsrc.org
Webmaster and FreeBSD Geek                        http://closedsrc.org