Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 1998 14:29:59 -0600
From:      "Neal Rigney" <neal@pernet.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   double kernel faults

I've got a news machine that continually page faults(I'm tracking the
problem down right now), but here's the interesting question:

When it page faults, it ALWAYS(with this error) faults a second time.  In
other words, I get "page fault while in kernel mode" etc(the REAL error I
want to look at) immediately followed by another fault that of course
scrolls all the information from the first fault off the screen.

So, should I _really_ worry about the second fault, or chaulk it up to the
first fault making the system go nuts?

--
Neal Rigney, PERnet Communications, (409)729-4638
neal@mail.pernet.net