Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 19:18:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
To:        emre <emre@interniq.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux-flashplugin...no sound?

On Mon, 15 May 2000, emre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is really not that important and in case it doesn't work or if there
>
> is no solution for this, I'll live :)
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 5.0-20000419-CURRENT on i386, and I'm using the ports
>
> from whatever date I installed the system.  Linux emulation and all that
>
> stuff works fine (I had a problem with real player which is fixed now). I
>
> installed the macromedia flash plugin for Linux and I am also using the
>
> Linux version of Communicator (with no problems by the way).
>
> The flash plugin also seems to do its job, with one exception: there is no
>
> sound.  I've made sure that there is no other application using the sound

	Yes, try cvsup-ing more recent sources. I re-call having problems
  with the linux flash plugin and sound around that date. After rebuilding
  a more recent world, all was well again. As I recall at least one more
  person having the exact same problem at the same time, I don't believe it
  to be an isolated case.

  --Bosko

--
 Bosko Milekic * pages.infinit.net/bmilekic/index.html * www.technokratis.com
 bmilekic@dsuper.net * bmilekic@technokratis.com * b.milekic@marianopolis.edu

 "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how
  to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."