Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 06:04:27 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
Cc:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Free Book Chapter for Doc Repo

On 2002-05-07 13:42, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 07:40:02AM -0400, Michael Lucas wrote:
> > At long last, my FreeBSD book is nearing completion.  In the grand
> > tradition of these things, I'd like to place a chapter in the doc
> > repo.
> > The question is, which chapter?  I have a couple of ideas, but am
> > interested in ideas from others.
>
> Here's mine:
>
> > 22      FreeBSD in the Office -- misc desktop stuff
>
> I think this will fill a gap in the existing documentation, and might
> switch some people over to using FreeBSD.

Amen.  It is a common complaint that UNIX has to face that desktop use
of a UNIX system is arcane, cryptic, difficult and hard in many ways.
If a chapter like this helps a bit in showing that it is possible to
have an elegant, clean, useful desktop on a UNIX machine, then by all
means, I say go for it.

- Giorgos