Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 1996 00:40:24 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        matthew@scruz.net (Matthew Kaufman)
Cc:        matthew@nic.scruz.net (Matthew Kaufman), hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: questions

>Original message <199608270725.AAA16651@root.com>
>From: David Greenman <dg@root.com>
>Date: Aug 27,  0:25
>Subject: Re: questions
>>
>>    Probably not. You need to be more specific about how much larger you're
>> making the map (for a busy WWW server, set NMBCLUSTERS=4000).
>
>It is at 3584 today... but I don't know if it was that high last time
>it died. At least with FreeBSD, it doesn't panic when it runs out
>(many thanks to whoever made that improvement)

   That would be me, but I've never been able to get the code to reclaim
packet reassembly resources (to avoid the deadlock) to work properly. I think
it works but just doesn't help the problem much. The whole issue of running
out of buffers needs to be better handled, but it's low on my list.

-DG

David Greenman