Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 14:32:29 -0800
From:      Marc Wandschneider <MarcW@Lanfear.com>
To:        'root' <root@blane.interland.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Changing IPs

	I asked this question but yesterday.  There are a tonne of good
answers on it.

	The low-down:

	1. change /etc/rc.conf
	2. change /etc/hosts
	3. run "ifconfig eth0 inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"
with all your info in there instead.  you're good to go.  no reboot
required.  [eth0 is network card]

	Thassit.

	Search the archives for this list at:

	http://www.freebsd.org/search/search.html

	(Don't forget to enter in the Mailing List Serach entry, not the
web pages search entry.

	marc.