Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 97 19:18:32 GMT
From:      David Alan Gilbert <gilbertd@cs.man.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIS on 2.1.6

Hi,
  I've just setup my first FreeBSD box and its refusing to be a NIS
client (the server is a Sun running SunOS 4).  The Sun is happily
serving it to everyone else and general networking on the FreeBSD
box is happy as well. Even a ypbind with explicit
domain and/or server doesn't help.  If I do a ypwhich it says
'domain not bound', and mountd hangs while trying to figure
out the export lines.

The Handbook doesn't seem to have the NIS stuff yet - I've set it up
before on SunOS/linux without hastle - suggestions please!!

Dave

----------- (Phone: 0161-275-3547) ------------------------ Man can not live  -
 David Alan Gilbert - gilbertd@cs.man.ac.uk - G7FHJ@GB7BEV  by bread alone. He
----------- (University of Manchester - AMULET Group) ----- needs chocolate.  -