Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 2008 10:05:35 +0300
From:      Nikos Ntarmos <ntarmos@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        mezz@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/128179: [patch] Add an XCB option to graphics/cairo

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 05:02:35PM +0000, mezz@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Duplicate: ports/126993

Yup... I accidentally found this PR about half an hour after submitting
mine... Should have searched deeper...

> Anyway, it is already available in MC ports but I can merge it (only
> xcb part) into FreeBSD ports if you need it soon for update of
> x11-wm/awesome port.

I do need it. If you plan on merging the xcb changes any time soon then
I guess I can wait. On the other hand, if enabling xcb now just for
cairo is not a pain for you, I'd take that option.

> Why did you keep xcb disable by default? It should be enable by
> default if x11-wm/awesome port needs it, so I will enable it.

I had no idea xcb support was going to be added to the gnome ports
anyway. Since I'was not aware of any other port requiring cairo xcb
support atm, I was torn between disabling xcb by default to avoid
changing the current default dependency list of the port, and enabling
it by default so that the xcb bits get pulled in. I went with the
former... The problem is, I don't know how to check, during building of
the x11-wm/awesome port, for whether cairo has been compiled with xcb
support...

Cheers.

\n\n