Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 21:02:25 +0100
From:      "Alberto De Giorgi" <albertodegiorgi@iol.it>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   re : installing from a fat 32 partition

When I installed freebsd ( but it was 2.2.8 ) I did it this way.
I put the dists in the freebsd directory
following this scheme :
bin\*.* in C:\freebsd\bin\*.*
doc\*.* in C:\freebsd\doc\*.*
etc.....
Then I prepared a freebsd installation boot disk following the handbook
instructions.
And I could install freebsd from C: without any problem .
May I suggest you to download the src/sys files ? You may want to configure
your own kernel sooner or later
( for instance the generic kernel that comes with the dists doesn't support
soundcards )

bye
MDG