Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:03:53 PDT
From:      "jeff -|-|-" <hapl0@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   LAN trouble

I am attempting to set up my LAN with my FreeBSD machine and my win98
machine. I have verifyied that the network card is up and running and can
see the pings to the win98 machine go out on the network, but no ack is
received. In addition when I try to ping my FreeBSD machine from my win98
machine I do not receive acks and I get this error:

/kernel: arp: 00:a0:c9:0c:7f:04 attempts to modify permanent entry for
192.168.0.0 on dc0

I am stuck and would appreciate any help you great BSD gurus can offer.

Thanx in Advance,
Jeffory C Luce

ps - feel free to email for further info