Date:      Tue, 03 Jul 2001 15:44:12 +0200
From:      Anders Lowinger <anders.lowinger@xelerated.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: fastforwarding?

<resending including the list>

 > you are right, i meant among 100Mbit chips...

Can't we just mask the IRQ while in the IRQ handler so
we ignore more IRQ's? Then before we leave the IRQ handler
we check if there is any more packets via polling. The
number of packets that should be routed needs to be tunable,
as well as an upper limit on how many IRQ's there may be
per second to allow other processes to run.

Of course that don't work that well if it is a shared IRQ.

I would suggest that all NIC's in which you should route
between should have the same IRQ to get some fairness.

-Anders