Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 2002 11:50:59 -0700
From:      walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-openoffice@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More about segfaults on -current

Martin Blapp wrote:

> Please start it from gdb and show me a usable trace.

I need just a small push in the right direction, if you would be
so kind:

If I run 'setup' from gdb it gives me a 'not an executable format'
which I guess is because 'setup' is a shellscript?

If I use gdb to do a backtrace on the coredump I get this:

Core was generated by `setup.bin'.
#0  0x293c261e in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x293c261e in ?? ()
#1  0x293c33c5 in ?? ()
#2  0x293a0665 in ?? ()
#3  0x2939ec3e in ?? ()
#4  0x293a1c3b in ?? ()
#5  0x2939c1d4 in ?? ()
#6  0x28664c04 in ?? ()
#7  0x28665601 in ?? ()
#8  0x2866861a in ?? ()
#9  0x285f0592 in ?? ()
#10 0x285beb60 in ?? ()
#11 0x285becb2 in ?? ()
#12 0x28604b50 in ?? ()
#13 0x28604ded in ?? ()
#14 0x08060396 in ?? ()
#15 0x0805885b in ?? ()
#16 0x080601b7 in ?? ()
#17 0x08060191 in ?? ()
#18 0x0805776d in ?? ()
(gdb) quit

This doesn't look very useful to me.  I would guess that perhaps I
would want to recompile openoffice with the -DWITH_DEBUG flag and
try again?  I will assume this is the right thing to do and start
the recompile now.

You can tell I have little debugging experience but I would like
to learn.  Any hints would be much appreciated.

Thanks!