Date:      Wed, 06 Jun 2001 12:50:56 -0400
From:      esl <esl@cio.med.va.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Missing Operating System after 4.3 install

I have installed 4.3 so many times and it always work except for my
IBM Netfinity 4500R that uses AIC7899 with 2-CPU. I repeated the install
4X and still it will not boot. The install went through perfectly except
the above problem. I have tried using the boot manager or using the
MBR(pressing "S" on the single and only partition use just by freebsd,
to make it bootable).

I have successfully installed 4.3 in a 4-cpu Dell 6450 on PERC RAID
controller.

BTW, I have installed it successfully on a single CPU Netfinity 4500R
and it found the OS when I rebooted after install.

I installed Turbo Linux 6.0.4 on the problem server and it's working.

What is puzzling is that I have 4.3 installed and is now in production
on a similar Netfinity 4500R with 1-cpu.

Please help. Thanks. I'm not in the list yet.

ESL