Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 03:11:06 +0200
From:      "stop here. start everywhere." <feedback@phpStop.com>
To:        Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs. Linux

Hi all again,

Speaking of this subject again, I have read in the archives that FreeBSD
has a method of building the whole source tree using the "make world"
command. Although this is a nice feature, but isn't too much risky to
upgrade the whole system in one shot?

What if something breaks down after you've recompiled? Your system would
be dead. In Linux, on the contrary, there's no such feature and you'll
need to take the server anyways to upgrade it, which seems as a good way
of doing things. In the meantime, another backup server can take its
position. I guess in this fashion, Linux is better than FreeBSD... or
did I miss something here?

/John

--
    Regards,