Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 21:43:03 -0700
From:      Mike_Brett@3com.com
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mouse questions (2)

--0__=NR1ukabygib5SHlXYyR404uiXBIwQnjK3eo8NiftDr9Q1zFN8J8Zbwa4

Thanks everyone for your help on my mouse problems.  It's working great now, and
every time.  ; )

Regards, Mike

Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org> on 08/03/2000 10:51:17 AM

Sent by:  Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>

To:   Mike Brett/T/HQ/3Com
cc:   freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 07:37:53PM -0700, Mike_Brett@3com.com wrote:

> Hi all, I searched the archives and couldn't find the exact answer to=
 my
> question(s).  First, when I run startx, I have to type:
>
> moused -p /dev/psm0 -t ps/2
>
> in order for the mouse to work in that instance of X.  However, if I =
have to
> reboot for some reason, it doesn't stick.  Does anyone know what file=
 I need
> edit in order for this command to stick?

Add these lines to /etc/rc.conf:

moused_port=3D"/dev/psm0" # Set to your mouse port.
moused_type=3D"auto"  # See man page for rc.conf(5) for available setti=
ngs.
moused_enable=3D"YES" # Run the mouse daemon.

> My next question:  Is it possible to speed up the motion of the mouse=
?

> Thanks for all your help, Mike

  If I buy a copy of WinDelete, and it doesn't delete Windows,
  am I entitled to my money back?
51.44=B0N  FreeBSD - The Power To Serve http://www.freebsd.org
2.057=B0W  My Webpage http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/~mark
mailto:marko@freebsd.org                http://www.radan.com

=

--0__=NR1ukabygib5SHlXYyR404uiXBIwQnjK3eo8NiftDr9Q1zFN8J8Zbwa4--