Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:51:02 +0200
From:      Manuel Hendel <manuel@hendel.net>
To:        Oliver Humpage <oliver@watershed.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: can't connect to imapserver via cyradm

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 09:09:31AM +0100, Oliver Humpage wrote:

> I had a slightly different problem, but found it was because cyradm wanted
> me to specify the flag '-m MD5' to use MD5 as the login mechanism. It
> *might* work for you...

The authentication stuff is working, the imap server and accounts are
also working very well, this server is in production mode. Just cyradm
doesn't work for some reason. Cyradm worked until FreeBSD 4.4, since
4.5 it is somehow broken, but there isn't at least an error message.
There are different opinions, some say it is because of perl in
FreeBSD, and some say that nothing changed with perl from 4.4 to 4.5
to 4.6. I don't know whta to do, I already installed perl from ports
and changed the path in the cyradm, this doesn't bring anything.

I really need help with this problem.

manuel

--
Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.