Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 20:30:01 +0000
From:      pstewart@oncomdis.on.ca
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Linux --> FreeBSD

Hi there...

I just joined the list.. hello to all...:)

We are in the process as an ISP network provider of switching most if
not all machines from Linux to FreeBSD.  As the network admin, I am
now faced with learning FreeBSD.

One thing I am not totally clear on is the way the passwd.master file
is updated.  I can run adduser etc. and put a user online but does
that automatically update the passwd.master.

Is there a series of howto & info files available on this stuff such
as there is with Linux?

If anyone has a web page devoted to Linux users converting to FreeBSD
I'd love to see it.  Currently we have switched our proxy server over
the FreeBSD and it's running much better under Squid than it was
under Linux.

Sincerely,

Paul Stewart