Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 01:23:19 +0100
From:      John <freebsd-root@i-zone.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux vs FreeBSD

In article <35C0AE7B.D9976D13@zk3.dec.com>, Greg Colburn
<colburn@zk3.dec.com> writes
>What's the difference between Linux and FreeBSD?  Is there any?  I'm
>somewhat familiar with Linux and Unix so that might help you explain the
>answer.  Thank you for your time.

Hi

this must be the most-often asked question on the list - you will find
an answer at http://www.freebsd.org.

Outwardly, they are similar, but IMOHO freebsd is more 'industrial
strength' in that it can run more concurrent applications on given
hardware without breaking a sweat. Linux has more gizmos, and will run
more hardware.

--
John