Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2014 20:34:10 -0500
From:      Matthew Pounsett <matt@conundrum.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: per-port make.conf options and hyphenated port names

On Jan 20, 2014, at 20:01 , Matthew Pounsett <matt@conundrum.com> wrote:

> Digging through /usr/ports/Mk/ I can=92t find anywhere that =
$UNIQUENAME is modified to guarantee that it references a safe variable =
name (i.e. I don=92t see anywhere that $UNIQUENAME has reserved =
characters removed from it before use).  So, given that a lot of times =
$UNIQUENAME is just the name of the port, and a lot of ports have =
hyphens in their names, how is this meant to be dealt with?

I take back part of that last bit.  I=92ve found a couple cases =
(bsd.tcl.mk and bsd.database.mk) that use the ${UNIQUENAME:U:S,-,_,} =
construction to allow setting safe variables.  bsd.port.mk doesn=92t use =
the same construction when referencing ${$UNIQUENAME}_SET and =
${$UNIQUENAME}_UNSET.

So, I=92m still back at my earlier question=85 how is this meant to be =
dealt with?

Thanks.=