Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 1995 09:32:55 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        mark@grondar.za
Cc:        Ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1 ports testing (was Re: expect & majordomo requests (fwd))

 * How about asking the "owners" to test their code on a particular day (or
 * close) and datestamp that?
 *
 * OK, I know some folks have a lot of ports, and some don't do much
 * maintaining, but those who do their bit can take off the load.

That's a good idea, but I think it's even better if we ask someone
other than the "owner" to test the ports.  The owner might have some
special setup on his machine that others don't, or may overlook a
stumbling block on the installation script (that he wrote), or...well
you get the idea.

So, people using ports, try to get the latest version, try to
recompile everything on your computer and see how it goes!  Oh, and
don't forget to upgrade to the latest bsd.port.mk, it has been
changing a lot lately!  (I have made another major change concerning
"official" patches, which I'm going to commit as soon as freefall
comes back....)

Satoshi