Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 1995 09:40:36 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com (Thomas David Rivers)
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another problem with sysinstall with SL/IP.

As Thomas David Rivers wrote:

> However, I just noticed in the sysinstall generated /etc/sysconfig,
> it produced:
>
> network_interfaces="cuaa0 lo0"
> ifconfig_cuaa0="inet ..."
>

> which, of course, doesn't work - these should be:
>
> network_interfaces="sl0 lo0"
> ifconfig_slo="inet ..."

No, it must be

network_interfaces="lo0"

sl0 cannot be initialized at boot time, since the initialization can
only be done after slattach has turned the port into something that
can speak IP.  This case is not handled by the current /etc/rc and
/etc/sysconfig scheme (and i doubt somebody could come up with a true
generic method to do it).

--
cheers, J"org