Date:      Sun, 03 Mar 2002 12:32:58 -0500
From:      Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FBSD 4.4 UDMA ICRC error

At 19:28 2002/03/03 +0200, Toomas Aas wrote:

>An idle thought just hit me - maybe 3.2 simply doesn't report the
>error?

That makes sense actually.  When I first began getting the errors, I
thought, "Shucks, FreeBSD is more susceptible to bad hardware than Linux, I
guess, as I don't get errors booting in Linux."  Then, I took a closer look
at my Linux bootup messages--and saw that I was getting CRC
errors.  :)  Changing the cable fixed both O/S's.  Or, perhaps 3.2 has an
error that simply flashes by as it did with my Linux installation.

FWIW
Scott Robbins