Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 12:22:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Holtor <holtor@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help! Crashing Every 2 Days!!

Hello, my server seems to be crashing or what I think
it is doing it crashing about every 2 days now.
I get this in /var/log/messages:
Mar 26 03:33:32 shell src/ircd[4486]: Server Ready
Mar 26 04:22:52 shell /kernel: Copyright (c) 1992-1999
Mar 26 04:22:52 shell /kernel: Copyright (c) 1982,
1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
It just seems to have crashed, that ircd had nothing to
do with it, but i'm starting to think its not crashing
anymore. It can't be, anyone know what it could be?
I'm not on console, its a colocated server so it makes
it much tougher. I thought it was some kind of power
problem or someone is reseting it at their NOC, but
they have told me thats not the case. After it
comes back online though, I see this message in
/var/log/messages:
Mar 26 04:22:53 shell /kernel: WARNING: / was not
properly dismounted
Now..when it crashes does it properly dismount / or
no?
I need any input i can get on this dreaded problem
asap!

Thanks,
Holt