Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 22:42:18 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Graham White" <graham@bravenet.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cron

Graham White <graham@bravenet.com> types:
> Greetings, I am trying to set up a script file to be automatically run by
> cron every morning.  The script works when I manually execute it. The path
> and time variables for the script file are correct but when the time comes
> for it to run nothing happens.  If I set up the crontab file with the
> command(that I have in the script file) itself rather than the path to the
> script file it works! I've tried different permission settings but no luck.
> Any suggestions?

Karl covered dealing with cron proper. Another option is to move the
script into /usr/local/etc/periodic/daily with the appropriate name
and permissions. Then the periodic system would execute it every day
with the other local periodic additions. See periodic(8) and
periodic.conf(5) for more information.

	<mike