Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:25:47 -0800
From:      Rudy <rrucker@macromedia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /var/mail symlink

"Arturo Chen T." wrote:
>         I had my users mail files on
>         /var/mail
>         and my partition was getting full. I decided to move it to
>         /usr/mail
>         which has lots of space. I created a symlink from /var/mail pointing to /usr/mail, now when i try to retrive my mail, I get a message saying
>
>         cant open temporary file, do you own it?
>
>         Can someone help me with this?

Art:

I did something similar, and it works fine.

please do the following:
ls -l /var
ls -ld /usr/mail
ls -ld /usr/mail/artchen (or whatever the mail name is)
and email the results to me.

Also, what program are you using to cause the 'cant open temporary file, do you own it'?  (POP3, pine, mail, elm???)

Rudy