Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:13:04 -0800
From:      manning@uclink4.berkeley.edu
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installation booting

I dd'd the 3.3-STABLE 2.88mb boot.flp image to my 2nd scsi drive (dka1),
and booted from there. It seems fine until it asks for the mfs_root
disk. I just press enter (because boot.flp is both, right?) and then it
says "load: can't find "/mfsroot" and then gives the press any key in 5
seconds, or enter to boot [kernel]. I can press enter and it goes fine,
until it's loading the ethernet drivers. Then it gives me a freaky
kernel panic. Is this because it can't find /mfsroot? I "pressed any
key" and got the boot prompt, and looked at what was on the disk, and
mfsroot wasn't there.. i assume that's because it's all in kernel.gz
am i right? what can i do to fix this? should i redownload the boot.flp?

-Jesse