Date:      Sun, 12 May 1996 16:42:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Triton chipset with 256k cache caches 32M only?

    I've got two machine with moderately fast CPUs in them.  One
is a Cyrix 6x86 120+ (@100Mhz), and the other is a P90 (clocked
to 100Mhz).  When I have 40M in the machines, the upper 8M is not
cached, and my performance is roughly 2/3 of that when they just
have 32M and all of the memory is cached.

    Does anyone know for sure whether or not 256K cache Triton
chipsets only cache up to 32M?  Anyone know what I can do to get
the other 8M cached as well?  I'd really like to have that extra
8M in there, but at 2/3 the performance, it aint gonna happen.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead