Date:      Fri, 4 Dec 1998 07:36:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      VEGA <vega@d132-h017.rh.rit.edu>
To:        FreeBSD questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: upgrading to ELF (read this one)

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, VEGA wrote:

 i just finished the make aout-to-elf, but now half of my damn libs cant be
 found (which i expected)

 my question is: is there an easy to way to fix this or do i have to
 re-install most everything from scratch? i can get most of it to work with
 'creative' uses of ldconfig, but my ld.hints.so file disappears everytime
 i reboot, so i have to start the ldconfig process over again...ugh. (im
using 3.0 RELEASE btw)

on an unrelated note, when i removed /usr/obj the other day in preparation
for a make world, i lost bsd.port.pre.mk and bsd.port.post.mk. i did a
make all install in the /use/src/share/mk directory (after cvsupping a
fresh copy of 3.0R) but that hasnt worked...now my ports are broken..

 thanks