Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:01:42 -0400
From:      "Matt Rudderham" <matt@researcher.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Putting a Process Into Background

Hi,
I was wondering how to put a process that initially requires some imput, but
then will run on its own into the background to free up the terminal. It's a
setiathome process, as well as another similar one. Basically I'd like
something like ^Z that will give me a shell, but let the process run and not
stop it, preferrably to be able to use fg to bring it back to take a peek at
it.
Also, I was wondering if it is possible to make a process run for example on
ttyv3 when sshd in and su'd to root, basically to route the output to a
virtual console and transfer the control of it to there. Thanks for the
help:)

- Matt