Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 1996 23:31:32 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSDI 3.0 feature list

> > This is a bit off-topic, but I find it ironic that BSDI 3.0 contains
> > almost everything FreeBSD -current had (or stuff we've had for quite a
>
> What's ironic about it?  Their contributor pool isn't as large as
> FreeBSD's.

I think you're mistaken.  Almost every one of BSDi/3.0 'features' are
kernel features, and the # of kernel hackers in FreeBSD is about the
same as in BSDi.  It's certainly a lot less than in something like
NetBSD, but it seems most of them spend all their time just trying to
keep their's kernel working (or get it working :) rather than doing lots
of new features.

Nate