Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:24:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
To:        Todd Reed <ex279@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Signing SSL Certificates

True, but if it's for a known number of clients (or you just don't care)
you can do it.  Read the docs that come with modssl.. there is a
step-by-step in there on creating your own certificate and signing it.

To avoid getting the popup each time you need to add the following to your
config:  SSLCertificateChainFile /path/to/your/ca.cert

Then when you do get the popup, "install" or "import" both certificates
(you have to dig in the dialog to get to the second one).

Although no matter what you do this won't work on IE for the mac which
will popup a message *every* time they click a link...

-philip