Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 2013 08:40:01 GMT
From:      Joerg Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/174559: [patch] add vendor patchset to devel/avr-libc

The following reply was made to PR ports/174559; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joerg Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc: r4721@tormail.org, freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:38:05 +0100

 As koobs@FreeBSD.org wrote:

 > Synopsis: [patch] add vendor patchset to devel/avr-libc
 >
 > Responsible-Changed-From-To: joerg->freebsd-ports-bugs
 > Responsible-Changed-By: koobs
 > Responsible-Changed-When: Sat Mar 30 03:58:57 UTC 2013
 > Responsible-Changed-Why:
 > maintainer timeout, unassign by submitter request; if you're still
 > working on this just let me know

 Please do *not* apply this patchset (I've already told the
 submitter).  The way to go is not that Atmel creates their
 own fork of the opensource tools by establishing vendor
 patchsets, but rather that they submit their changes and
 additions back to the opensource avr-libc project.
 --
 cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

 http://www.sax.de/~joerg/