Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 16:58:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intelligent outbound IP source

The situation, I have a machine that is part of two different networks on the
same interface (10.x and a class C), however, as the machine's primary IP
address is in the class C, outbound packets always originate on that IP.  Would
it be too much to say if a packet is destined for a network that I have an
alias on, use the first alias as the source IP?  This allows machines on both
networks to talk cleanly back to the server without having to have routes to
both networks on the remote hosts.

-Crh

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich