Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 16:08:26 -0600
From:      Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>
To:        ugly-daemon@home.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The desktop apathy

. . . .|newbie coder. I mostly just screw around with BSD and radio. What I would
like
. . . .|is for FreeBSD to be as easy as a Mac or a BeBox. I think it can be done and
. . . .|done well. Not only that but I think one day FreeBSd will be that neat.

I think for the most part FreeBSD is as easy as Mac/BeBox.

Only thing that is hard for newbies is:
install
get on the internet

after those two initial steps for a regualr desktop nothing beats

cd /usr/ports/x11/i-forget/kde2
make install

I think that is much easier than having to download and then going,
"oh boy where did that file go", and various other things that come
along with setup.exe [or Mac equivalent].

Point being, nothing is easier than ports  - [IMHO]

On 05/29/2001 12:54:17 PM, Chris Moline is quoted as saying: