Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 09:25:52 -0500
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any feedback on my recent kernel 'fixes'

On the subject of Re: Any feedback on my recent kernel 'fixes', Nate Williams
stated:

> > >Unfortunately, I'm away on business, but I back-patched this to my 2.2.5
> > >system which ran a heavy build overnight without any problems, but I
> > >wasn't able to test it much.  Hopefully when I get back this weekend I'll
> > >be able to beat it up more.
> >

> > And I was just about to do that myself !  Can I get your patches to try
> > out on my server which keeps experiencing swapdeath?
>
> The patch to current applies easily to -stable.  (I used CVS to patch
> stable.)  Also, I don't have access to that patch as I'm in CA and my
> computer is in my spare bedroom in MT.

I just applied the latest -current patch to my 2.2.5 machine, and have been
beating on it for about 30 minutes here, not a massive test, but its working
nontheless under heavy paging.

-Crh

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich