Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 23:55:21 -0800
From:      "Dave Walton" <walton@nordicdms.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   keyboard freeze

I just installed 3.0-RELEASE on an old 486 (with Cyrix 5x86 chip).
For no apparent reason, the keyboard keeps freezing up.  The only
way I've been able to get it back is by logging in remotely and
rebooting.  The system has only been up less than 24 hours and
I've already had to reboot at least half a dozen times.

Most of the time, it's been happening in X, but that's probably
because that's where I've been using the system the most.  It also
froze up once before I even had X up and running, while I was just
using the vtys.  I've tried swapping keyboards, but with no
improvement.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave