Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:26:27 +0200
From:      Marin Atanasov Nikolov <dnaeon@gmail.com>
To:        perryh@pluto.rain.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interactive tool for installing packages

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:01 AM,  <perryh@pluto.rain.com> wrote:
> Marin Atanasov Nikolov <dnaeon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> in order to install the program, you need to:
>>
>> # git clone git://git.unix-heaven.org/public/pkg_add_it
>> Surely, there's room for improvement, but that's a start.. :)
>
> Dunno about anyone else, but from my standpoint it would be a _big_
> improvement to provide a more recent snapshot than the 6-month-old
> pkg_add_it-1.2.tar.gz on ftp.freebsd.org so one doesn't have to
> install git, with its boatload of dependencies*, to see the recent
> improvements.

If you do not have git installed, you could still get the latest
snapshot of pkg_add_it via the Cgit repo. [1]

Currently the latest version of the program is tagged as RELEASE_1_3,
so just go to [1] and get a compressed snapshot of the program,
then extract and compile it.

I'm planning to submit a PR to update the port soon, but before that I
still need to finish a few things.

Regards,
Marin

[1] http://git.unix-heaven.org/cgit.cgi/pkg_add_it/

> * The amount of stuff downloaded by
> =A0 =A0cd /usr/ports/devel/git ; make fetch-recursive
> =A0is, shall we say, impressive.

--=20
Marin Atanasov Nikolov

dnaeon AT gmail DOT com