Date:      Sat, 05 Sep 1998 07:52:35 +0000
From:      Andrew Angrick <angrick@netdirect.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   odd gcc problem

I have an odd thing happen when I'm trying to compile a c program. I get a
bunch of errors from the include files. Some of the errors are:
/usr/include/sys/socket.h - parse error before 'send'
...... - parameter has incomplete tpe
...... - data definition has no type or storage class.

These errors come from more that one include file and only appear to be
coming from files that are in subdirectories of ./include. Even if I try to
compile a simple 'hello world' c program with socket.h, inet.h, and some
others as includes i still get all those errors. If I take out the
references, the errors go away. I've got the programs to compile once and I
can't remember what I did. Is it possible that there could be something
with the permissions going on here? I think I might have been logged in as
root when I was able to compile things without any errors. Is there
something I might be missing when I set up the user I'm logged in as?

Thanks in advance.
Andy Angrick