Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 00:50:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   hwptr went backwards..

I'm presently holding at the "PRE_SMPNG" tag
(It's looking stablish now so I may move on soon)
however if Imove my (touchpad) mouse (ps2 driver) while
the audio system is active, I get a lot of these messages

pcm0: hwptr went backwards 708 -> 628
pcm0: hwptr went backwards 1644 -> 1428
pcm0: hwptr went backwards 3176 -> 2936
pcm0: hwptr went backwards 3696 -> 3488
pcm0: hwptr went backwards 3572 -> 3440
pcm0: hwptr went backwards 932 -> 852

etc.

I've seen others mention this..
I didn't however see a resolution..
Will I pick up a fix for this when I upgrade?
If it is well understood, is there a single file I can pre-patch
while leaving the rest of the system at the PRE_SMPNG stage?

julian