Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:06:32 -0700
From:      Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle Universal Installer, SAP JavaGUI (PlatinGUI)

Holger Kipp wrote:

> Oracle Universal Installer comes with its own Java118
> - works without problems under SuSE Linux 6.3 (quite old actually)
> - has some problems running under FreeBSD using /usr/local/jdk1.1.8
> - I haven't checked /usr/local/linux-ibm-jdk1.3.0 yet, though

I butted heads with the  universal installer for 8.1.6. There are
several problems, the top two that I remember are:
1) it comes with a bunch of linux native libs
2) it assumes some linux files that are not included in the
   linux compatibility.

For details of what I did, see
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=7927+13188+/usr/local/www/db/text/2000/freebsd-database/20001210.freebsd-database

--
You'll see it's all a show. Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

Stacy Millions                                       stacy@millions.ca
Millions Consulting Limited